[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM 2013-12-11

Posted By: HOMINID
Date: Thursday, 12 December 2013, at 3:24 p.m.

In Response To: OLM 2013-12-11 (Jason Lee)

I am not sure what OLM stands for. I initially thought it was just a one off play problem. I now of course realise it's a continuous match against xg. I am still mystified as to the point of it. Mostly contributors just give their play no logic or reasoning is given. There appears to be no learning curve.

Blue is in serious trouble, the cube is on four and white will be looking to squeeze out another checker. The task at hand is to prevent giving away eight points. Blue gets a nice roll 11

Bar 24

6/5

9/8(2) breakdown that tower thus optimising to cover home blots.

Those blots are relatively safe for the moment gives blue a chance to get his home tidy . Just straightforward good backgammon play.

As for accepting the cube to 4 in my book created this impending disaster. To get back into the game blue has two chances in 21 that is 10%. The Joker 44 is of course the honey. Backgammon is a game of odds. Those are not good odds. Xg gives it double take that's fine if you can play as well as xg , I can't. One could write a few paragraphs but over the table this would be all I could muster.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.