[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Transcriptions – File Names and Post Names

Posted By: Dmitriy Obukhov
Date: Sunday, 22 December 2013, at 7:34 p.m.

I think it makes sense to make one standard for naming files and posts. One benefit of that is it is easier for people to search for particular matches when posts get buried. If someone remembers that I, or anyone else, posted a match between let's say Victor Ashkenazi and Phil Simborg, it is much easier for him to find it if he knows what to search for. I am not the only one who posts matches here, and can't demand from others they follow single standards, but I am hoping they will follow. I am also open to suggestions.

If you look at matches I posted recently, you will see that all posts are in the following format:

Player1 Name Vs. Player2 Name – Event Name Year.

So, a match between Victor and Phil played on the Moon this year would look like this:

Victor Ashkenazi Vs. Phil Simborg – Moon 2013. Player names can be reversed.

Player names are in the "1st name last name" format. As Stick mentioned, we are used to call some players by just 1st name, or nickname. Here are some; Stick, Petko, Falafel, Michi, Mochy, MCG. Perhaps there are more(?) I don't think either player, except Stick, from this group care how his name appear in these posts, but if this is not the case, then speak up.

I have not been consistent with file names, but I am planing to do a better job in this area. Basically, they will be in the same format as post names. Keeping it simple will allow others to download matches directly from my dropbox instead of trying to look for a link first (If someone wants to know how to do it, I can explain later). I am not a fan of adding all sort of extra info ( such as level of analysis or match length). If I have two or more matches between same players from the same event, I will put "match 1" or "match 2" at the end. When I get matches from someone else that don't fit standards described above, I will rename them. So, this is what I will be doing, unless someone can convince me that there is a better way.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.