[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Transcriptions – File Names and Post Names

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Sunday, 22 December 2013, at 9:47 p.m.

In Response To: Transcriptions – File Names and Post Names (Dmitriy Obukhov)

I am going to make a further recommendation. Match transcribers who use XG should be somewhat standard about how they fill in the transcription information.

Sometimes people fill in the "Location" box with the city, but I had noticed it had been left blank on some. I think the location should be the the overall tournament name. If you say "Las Vegas" as the Location, is that the Nevada State Backgammon Tournament or the Las Vegas Open Backgammon Tournament - which are generally held in the same city at different times of the year. Likely for tournaments we could leave off the "Backgammon Tournament" and just use "Nevada State" and "Las Vegas Open". This would also apply to naming of the files as well.

As well I've noticed that XG transcribers often leave the event date and time to the default which is the day and time that the transcriber transcribed the match, not necessarily when it was played. It could be played in one year and transcribed in a future year. Can I suggest at a minimum that the "Year" be filled in. If the event was in 2012 enter 2012 into the year portion of the date/time. If you don't know the day or month we could just use Jan 1 of that year. The time is probably not important at all.

My feeling is that anything that is important in the file name format you guys choose should also be important when entering the information inside XG when transcribing.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.