[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

You have no idea

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 24 December 2013, at 2:23 p.m.

In Response To: Rest in Peace Matt Surecki (Coolrey)

He was the MOST FUN person that ever played the game, and a great guy if you were his friend. He was considered by many to the the "toughest" person in Chicago and you didn't want to mess with him. He was on the Davis Cup Tennis team for Turkey but was kicked off the team because a linesman made what he thought was a bad call at an international competition, and when the Referee would not overturn the call, the knocked over the very high Referee's chair and knocked him to the ground. When they called him before the disciplinary committee, he told them that they should be congratulating him for using restraint.

You did not want to be on his bad side, and he had the most volatile temper of anyone I have ever known. I could fill a book with Matt stories, but one of my favorites was the day I rolled 4 double 6's in a row to gammon him. It was the only time in my life I remember rolling 4 in a row, and after the 3rd one I was praying I would roll a 2-1 as I did not want to roll another 6-6 as it was the only roll that would gammon him. After I rolled it I immediately ducked under the table waiting for him to throw the board and everything through the window.

He just sat there and smiled and quietly told me that he was not going to pay me until I ate all four dice.

I looked at him for a minute and quietly said, "That is really a very unreasonable attitude. You know we are using the large dice today."

He stood up and I was sure my life had come to an end, and he walked up to me and gave me a great big hug and a kiss and told me he loved me.

Several days later, he paid me.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.