[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How it could/should have been worded

Posted By: Keene
Date: Wednesday, 8 January 2014, at 4:12 p.m.

In Response To: How it could/should have been worded (Taper_Mike)

There are more than 1 side to every argument. Bill phrased his poll in a distinctly biased manner - however that is his stance on LM, and his chief complaint (perhaps the only one - I dont know). If he wants to ask the question on his own site in this manner, he has every right to do so. I dont think its reasonable to criticize Bill for choosing this, or for his opinion on the subject. Everyone is allowed an opinion.

You should also keep in mind that the rules in place are primarily Bill's rules in the first place. He wrote them, he designed them, and he has a right to defend them when people ask for change. The manner of the defense is also of his choosing.

I for one understand Bill's opinion and perspective, however I disagree with it. Always remember that the vast amount of work that Bill does is done for his love of the game. That kind of passion is rare in many, and I applaud him for it. I hope that there are more people in the backgammon community that share his zeal and enthusiasm, and step up to the plate when asked. If we had more Bill Davis', then backgammon would be a bigger game than it is today - in this country at least.

Keene

PS: I dont want to say that he is the only one making these efforts - clearly he is not, however, his contribution to the game is huge, and should be recognized.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.