[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Four Back Game Checker Plays Plus Cube

Posted By: Keene
Date: Thursday, 23 January 2014, at 10:44 p.m.

In Response To: Four Back Game Checker Plays Plus Cube (Paul Weaver)

I'll go with close D / T for the cube decision. My initial reaction was ND/T, but upon further thought, I decided to cube it - based entirely on the premise that my PR will go down, as my plays will become easier with a turned cube, and I wont miss a long string of cube decisions.

Pos 1: Hit two. 23/18*/12* - I want white to re-enter, I dont care where he does it, and I am inclined to wait out a crash of white's homeboard - which will be inevitable.

Pos 2: 7/1,10/6. I dont want to leave two blots, and I do want to put checkers on the high points.

Pos 3: Initially I was playing 9/1, but then I saw that you had played that, and therefore it must be wrong. So, upon further consideration... 7/1,7/5 must be right. Right? Probably not.

Pos 4: 7/1,5/1. Its the two blots problem. Too many White's board is still too clean to leave white the opportunity to take the outfield and keep rehitting me back all the time. So, one blot leaves only one play.

Even if I get one of these right, I would be disinclined to lay claim to playing a better backgame than you. I am regularly hammered by XG during backgames. PR Killers.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.