[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How many?

Posted By: Keene
Date: Friday, 7 February 2014, at 7:23 p.m.

In Response To: How many? (Stick)

This is actually a practice technique I use prior to going to a tournament. Play DMP with XG+ until I'm hitting 1 and below more than half the time. Of course, this typically takes quite a while, and if I had to hazard a guess, its way more than 100 games. I presently am on a XG mobile DMP kick - which is as anyone would expect is nowhere near as strong as full XG, so my challenge there is to get to an ELO of 2300. Havent hit it yet, but I'm getting close.

To be honest, I am not sure that I learn much from it - probably a handful of positions stick in my mind from each major session. BUT - thats much much better than learning nothing.

However to answer your question, I would estimate that I get close to or at 0 probably 5% or 6% of the time. Those arent games that I always lose either. Any game where I live on the bar doesnt really count in my mind - no technical benefit, no learning experience (as many players I am sure are - I am very experienced with playing on the bar).

Actually in line with Stick's challenge, I would also offer up the question, whats the most common practice strategy that people use? I find that error focused play is where I get the most benefit from, but I also recognize that I have many other holes in my overall game.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.