[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1 (1,4)

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Friday, 7 February 2014, at 7:26 p.m.

In Response To: +1 (1,4) (Rod)

I never said it was silly to enter.

I do think that someone who plays a lower PR has a substantially higher winning % in this format than someone who plays a higher PR (that should be obvious). However, I agree with Mochy. All you have to do if you want to win is play well. Someone can become a star in one day if they just play well. That makes it more akin to something like chess where all your mistakes fall on you and can't be attributed to bad luck. Obviously, if you are the best player, you have a substantially higher winning %age than you do in a normal format (though not 100%).

A guy like Saba did really well, and would have made even more headlines if he had won the event. All you have to do is study and play well--as opposed to a more conventional format where it could take years for you to win due to the vagaries of the dice.

I did surmise that it is an event in which elite players do well and some people may not have entered because their reputed PR is better than the PR they can actually produce.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.