[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Test email sent to you

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Wednesday, 5 February 2014, at 9:57 p.m.

In Response To: Test email sent to you (Bill Riles)

The 550 Error is being generated from the earthlink side of the connection back to sbcglobal's mail system which in turn propgates a bounced error message back to the originator.

My best guess is that for some reason it sees Bill Riles sbcglobal account (or maybe all of sbcglobal) as coming from a spam system. It is thus requiring sbcglobal's mail server to send credentials (username/password) to Earthlink. (This type of thing should generally occur between two mail servers).

If I were Neil I would contact (email) Earthlink email tech support (or customer service) and send them a copy of the 550 error message that Bill posted along with Bill Riles email address. Tell them that this person (Bill) keeps getting bounce messages from Earthlink when sending to your email address. They should be able to identify the source of the problem and/or check their mail logs. My guess is that it is spam detection gone amuck.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.