[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another three-by-five problem

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Friday, 20 June 2014, at 4:38 a.m.

In Response To: Three-by-Five Retro-problem (pair) (Stein Kulseth)

After posting the problem pair that I did, I discovered that there are actually four solutions for Problem 1. However, they are all closely related, it's all the same idea. You are to be commended, Stein, for solving this challenging problem!

[I will give others more time before posting the diagram-by-diagram solution.]

The problem that I originally planned to post is shown below. I like the matching pattern of Blue's checkers in the two inner boards. However, I wasn't entirely satisfied because it is necessary to add a stipulation to prevent a (nearly identical) twin solution. [I'm sure you can relate to the pain I felt.]

The stipulation I choose to add is that the opening play is a standard one (one that people often make). I do not reveal whether Blue or White starts.

I believe you will enjoy this one at least as much as the one you already tackled. [My comment is directed to Stein, but of course anyone is welcome to work on this problem.]

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 105
Unlimited Game
Jacoby Beaver
pip: 213
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=-----DB------C---eee---BD-:0:0:1:00:0:0:3:0:10

Reach this position in seven rolls.
The opening play is a standard one.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.