[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

gnubg - ‘Analyse -> Market Window’ function

Posted By: sebalotek
Date: Thursday, 14 August 2014, at 4:37 p.m.

Hallo all,

In gnubg, please can anybody explain to me how the ‘Analyse -> Market Window’ function works?

In the screenshot at ( http://i.imgur.com/9mqOVuD.jpg ) , I thought I offered a fairly decent cube, I held both 5-points and had a little, but handy, 4-prime going.

The score was 0-0 (7-away, 7-away) and I was only 3 pips down in the race.

The Market Window function for me is very confusing (disregarding how relatively strong my position looked over the board).

In the yellow highlighted line of the first screenshot ( http://i.imgur.com/HioBMUv.jpg )it appears to say that my cube market window opens up at 50.286% so I definitely think it was correct to cube once I got above this figure?

After analysis, gnubg said my cube action was ‘Very Bad’ but I was around 55.7% to win the game at this point (clearly more than 50.286%).

Can anybody explain why I am misunderstanding this feature? Or maybe this is a big bug in the 'Market Window' function of gnubg?

As per the screenshots, the Market Window analysis seems to contradict the analysis of move number 4 in this match..

Position ID: NM/BAQawt8EBAw

Match ID: cAngAAAAAAAE

I thought that Market Window would just 'do what it says on the tin' and tell you at which point exactly you would be correct to offer the cube.

Aside from this and a couple of other minor issues, Gnubg is a fantastic program which has given me many hours of pleasure, so many thanks to the Developers and many thanks for any explanation,

sebalotek

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.