[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My Friend Herb Gurland

Posted By: Phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 13 January 2015, at 6:44 p.m.

In Response To: My Friend Herb Gurland (Albert Steg)

Excellent post and I share all your feelings about the rule and Herb.

I ask my opponents of they would like to play legal moves and if they do not I respect them, the tournament director and the rules. Cans if they accidentally put their own checker on the bar it will stay there, because that is the rule and that is what I expect them to do to me if I make that error.

Now that we have the option of agreeing to legal moves I no longer feel any ethical obligation to help my opponent win if he makes s dumb mistake.

I agree with Rockwell strongly--people who criticize others for following the rules are out of line.

People who believe in non-legal moves and people who believe who do are not any more likely to agree on that any more than people with different religions will agree on who is the true God. But one thing we should all agree on: when we enter an event we agree to abide by the rules whether we like them or not.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.