[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

1 cube, 2 cubes, 3 cubes

Posted By: Colin Owen
Date: Wednesday, 21 January 2015, at 4:00 p.m.

In Response To: 1 cube, 2 cubes, 3 cubes (Art Grater)

This very interesting suggestion makes me cast my mind back (to the 80's or 90's) when I played some heads up sessions with a difference. I always felt that it was a shame that some interesting positions (back games, for example) were not going to get played out, so we had two results in each game, one for the cube, and another for a cubeless game that was played for double stakes. (I didn't know at the time that this weighting was a bit on the high side, but it was simple.) I can't recall if we played Jacoby; that would certainly have created some conflicts/complications if we did. We probably had three columns on the score sheet in all, for each game.

Guess it might be a tad complicated for chouette (like clocks) unless, perhaps, your name's Ballard, Benjamin, Lamford etc. But I'd like to try it again one day, heads up.

Certainly, it is felt in some parts of the world, that the cube does a violence to the game, and they don't use it. (The Jacoby Rule does even more, of course.) At least Art Graters' (very) cubeful suggestion means that a much higher proportion of games than usual would get played out to the natural end.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.