[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Fair Danes Always Have Home-Court Vig In World vs DK?

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Wednesday, 28 January 2015, at 4:46 p.m.

For the past four or five years, there has been a fantastic unique event matching the World Team against a comparable Danish Team, played during the Nordic Open over Easter weekend in Denmark.

In American football, baseball, basketball, soccer and all other sports, it is universally acknowledged that the home team has a definite advantage, for more than one reason. In basketball and American football, if Team A would be evenly matched against Team B on a neutral field, Team A playing at home may have a three-point advantage (more or less) over Team B.

Home-court advantage also exists in backgammon, for more than one reason. I have nothing against the Danes. On the contrary, I have been to Denmark at least five times and I have a lot of respect for the country, the culture, the wonderful people, the very low crime rate compared to ours, and the skill of so many of its BG players. However, I want to ask: Is it fair for the Danes to get the big home-court advantage every single year?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.