[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Sex with your Clothes On

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 31 March 2015, at 3:53 p.m.

Doubles without clocks is like sex with your clothes on. It's frustrating and boring and not very satisfying.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Cleveland tournament, and though I am one of those people who believes clocks add much to the game and make it a better game, I understand that many people don't like them and in smaller tournaments you can play without clocks and still keep the schedule moving.

But doubles without clocks is just torture. I won't do it again. I will certainly go back to Cleveland and other tournaments that don't have clocks because even without clocks backgammon is a great game and the tournaments are fun, and I recognize that I can't have everything the way I like it. But never again will I enter doubles without clocks.

Even with clocks sometimes it is not pleasant to hear some of those agonizing conversations across the board, but I have many years in the Chicago chouette to immunize me from a lot of that. But in the chouette if people go on and on and on at least you can yell at them or throw the cube in their face. For some reason, they frown at that at tournaments. So you just have to sit there and try to be a good sport and take it. I can't even wear my headphones, because I have to listen to and be courteous to my partner.

I gave up sex with my clothes on quite a few years ago. It's taken me a little longer to give up doubles without clocks, but I'm finally there.

PLEASE, tournament directors....even if you don't like clocks...please make them mandatory for doubles!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.