[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bluff Gammon Update from Chicago

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 25 May 2015, at 1:32 p.m.

MCG and I played Bluff Gammon for hours yesterday between matches, but we added a second cube to make it more interesting. It was extremely fun and challenging, and if it wasn't for my backgammon skill advantage, I would not have won. I also played a long session with Vadim Niuyants.

At times we had more spectators than the tournament matches...it was about the most interesting, fun and challenging variant I have ever played. We had many 8 and a few 16 cubes! (There is tremendous cube Vig and a huge incentive to take even if you think your opponent is not bluffing and has a great roll.)

Here were our rules: we used 2 doubling cubes but at any time you could only double or redouble one cube, so the other was still in play unless it was passed.

Before each roll, we flopped the cup upside down on the table and the roller peeked at his dice and then decided if he wanted to double or not. Beavers are allowed but I doubt anyone would ever beaver under those conditions.

We also played BluffGammon as a chouette with Tuvya, but there everyone only had one cube.

I encourage anyone looking for a great gambling game to try this.

Earlier I taught MCG how to play my other favorite gambling game: gin rummy with the doubling cube. Matt is pretty much just a beginner at both gin and using the cube so we played for low stakes and he only beat me for $200.00.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.