[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Camera app - position recognition

Posted By: RobertFontaine
Date: Saturday, 25 July 2015, at 1:43 a.m.

It seems like I should be able to find this. For Sudoku I have an android app where I can take a picture of a Sudoku in the newspaper and it recognizes the grid and the characters and displays a new Sudoku for me to play in the app.

I miss using my real board. I would love to be able to set up a position or take a picture of my board and have it generate the xgid for me.

I imagine for tournament players that a camera based notater would be very nice, especially for streaming play when it would be better to hear commentary than waste a player manually entering positions into XG and potentially less error prone.

In my case I would probably set up a camera over my board just for the pleasure of using my 2' bakelite checkers...

So has someone written this yet?

A simple version that just generated an xgid into the clipboard for pasting could probably be written very quickly.

A fancy version that drove positions into XG from a video stream might take a little longer depending on what libraries and apps already exist in the public domain.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.