[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Two major fuck-ups (why so big?)

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Saturday, 21 November 2015, at 7:33 p.m.

In Response To: Two major fuck-ups (why so big?) (Snua)

Good positions!

In the first one, being behind in the race at first suggests that we should stay back for more contact. At the same time, White's offensive position is much stronger than ours, so is it realistic to expect our lone straggler to be able to hold the fort and get/hit a shot? It's possible, but risky. Given that 24/21 13/7 and 13/10 13/7 both look rather weak, I would be inclined to cut my losses and run 24/15. It gives White a double shot but the alternatives give White a lot of good priming or hitting rolls too.

The two main candidates seem to be bar/23 13/9* and bar/21 11/9*. Coming in on the 21pt makes it somewhat easier for our back checker to escape—if it is not hit. But White is much happier to hit us loose on her 4pt than on her 2pt, so it's a bit risky to play bar/21, especially since we have the weaker board. Bar/23 13/9* creates another outfield blot but it's not that many shots, and overall I think the extra builder helps us. I would try bar/23 13/9*.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.