[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bring Nack Back Survey

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 11 December 2015, at 2:23 p.m.

Since we are on the subject of surveys, I would like to have a survey of people on this forum, and in the backgammon world, to find out how many would be interested to see Nack Ballard playing again.

I keep reading his posts on this forum and continue to be amazed and impressed at his knowledge of the game. At the same time I continue to be amazed that someone who obviously loves the game and is so knowledgeable simply doesn't compete at all. At least not publicly. (Wouldn't it be fun to find out that he is some great player on line in disguise?)

So here is my survey. How many of you, like me, would be willing to put up $100 to pay Nack to play in an exhibition match against Mochy, or Falafel, or even XG to see how he would do against today's best?

Or, if Nack's objection is being recorded, what about him playing an exhibition match that is NOT recorded, but he can choose a few plays that he believes are complicated and take pictures and share those, and his thinking with the world.

Or, Nack can tell us if there are conditions under which he would be willing to compete.

Bottom line is: Nack, you are missed in live play. You are clearly one of the greatest players ever. You are always a good sport and a pleasure to have around. You are generous with your thinking. How do we get you back?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.