[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Video: Bosnians Playing Backgammon, Maybe Some Were Giants' Voters

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Monday, 7 March 2016, at 3:07 a.m.

https://www.facebook.com/leonardo.jerkovic

Be the first one in your neighborhood to watch this fascinating and educational 5 or 6 minute video! I apologize, but for reasons beyond my control, I am not able to post the youtube link directly. You have to go to Leonardo's facebook page and scroll down until you get to March 5, 12:01. It is a story about the backgammon scene in the city of Konjic (read: Koh-nyeets), Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Leo knows at least some of these guys and says they are all very nice, good, warm, friendly people who enjoy playing backgammon outside on picnic tables along the banks of the beautiful Neretva River.

I have had the pleasure of traveling in sixty countries and I have enjoyed every single place I have been. I have played live backgammon in 36 countries, but never in Bosnia-Herzegovina. I would love to go to Kionjic, see the slow-paced charming village, explore the scenic countryside, meet the gentlemen in the video, play some backgammon beside the Neretva River, then go out with them to sample their local cuisine. I am sure they speak English much better than I speak their language.

Did any of these gentlemen in the video cast ballots in the Giants' voting? That's a question for Yamin, Jake and Carol.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.