[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Akiko killed me again at Pineapple BluffGammon

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 29 July 2016, at 8:06 a.m.

I am not sorry I invented pineapple bluff gammon bit I am sorry I have been dumb enough to play it woth Akiko for the past 3 years whenever we have any soare time at a tournament. She cleans my clock!

You start with a normal board setup. Each roll one dice as usual and make first move as isual. Then you use three dice. Instead if rolling the dice you turn you cup upside down and you raise your side of the cup so only you can see the roll. After you see the roll, and before your opponent can, you can choose to double! Then you pick up your cup and reveal the three dice. You pick which two of the three dice you want to use. If you pick doubles however, you only move each one time. If you happen to roll 3 of the same number then you must play the number 6 times! By the way, we play with 2 cubes so when you double you can only double one at a time. If you are holding a 2 cibe and the other cube is in the center, you can choose whether to double or redouble but you and only do one or the other. Oh, we do play beavers. But you should almost never beaver because your opponent csn drop the beaver and she knows if she is bluffing or not.

More than any variation I have played this game offers a combination of checker skill, cube skill, bluffing, and figuring the odds. For example, lets say you leave a shot 8 pips away. What do you think your odds are of rollong an 8 with 3 dice--remember 4-4 and triple 2's are the only doubles that hit. What do you think your odds are of coming in from the bar on a 4 point board? And what are your odds of rolling a triple? This is no easy game even without bluffing. I have lost a 128 cube to Akiko and I have won a 64 cube from Matt Cohen Geier. It can get quite exciting.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.