[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Carolina 2016 thoughts

Posted By: MishyPoo
Date: Tuesday, 6 September 2016, at 12:53 p.m.

Hello,

I just want to give some random thoughts, feelings and observations from the 13th Carolina Invitational 2016.
My brain is not really functioning at the moment, so I will try not to use too many monosyllabic words and grunts to express what I am trying to say.

First and foremost: Jeb and Robin (and staff).
Amazing team, amazingly organized and amazing people who put so much of themselves into this tournament, it clearly shines through.
The weekend was such a success and I really think it all stems from the good heart of this team.

The Field: Wow we had Giants galore!!!!
Actually, I should say...wow We had GRANDMASTERS galore!!!!
At any given moment in the room one could see the likes of (in no particular order) Paul Weaver, Marty Storer, Victor, John O'Hagan, Petko, Carter, Phil, Alfred Mamlet, Ed O, CJC, and the winner of the 2016 Carolina Invitational Mary Hickey!!! I can name so many more, I am not purposefully leaving anybody out. It just made me so happy to see such strong champions in the room and there were plenty in Charlotte.

The Room: Great ambiance, happy vibes throughout the weekend. The element of negativity didn't exist this weekend. I am sure there is a reason why everybody was so calm and happy and having such a great time, but I wont try to figure it out too deeply, it was obvious why. The dynamics of the group, the staff and the location all seemed to align with the stars so nicely. There were a few tiny snafus, but that is too be expected. All in all, it was a very fun and happy weekend.

Me: I made it to finals of the Cardinal Classic!!!!!!! woop.

BMAB: It makes me so happy to see that so many championship players were recording their matches to put toward their BMAB ranking. BMAB is not the wave of the future, it is very much the Here and Now, so get with the program. I look forward to the day when I can start working toward a BMAB Ranking even if it is the lowest on the list of rankings. This is something we should all strive for.

Transcriptions/Streamed matches: Many matches were streamed. Hopefully just as many will be transcribed. I need help getting this done. Please be patient with me, as I was away for 5 days and now I have a ton of stuff to do at home and I will get to the matches as soon as possible. I will send a match to those who have offered to transcribe as soon as I can. I need to sit down and get it all organized, something I was unable to do this weekend at all, because I was so busy playing all weekend. There was very little down time (and during my downtime I was transcribing matches). I appreciate the help with transcribing and your patience. Thank you so much to those of you who transcribe your own matches. You are a blessing.

That is all I can come up with for now.
Thanks for reading,
Michelle

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.