[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Something new has been added to Ohio ABT

Posted By: Barry Silliman
Date: Thursday, 9 February 2017, at 6:11 p.m.

In Response To: Something new has been added to Ohio ABT (Bill Finneran)

I am not naming names or calling anybody a sandbagger, and while I applaud the presentation of a new P40 board to the Advanced Division winner, the point I'm trying to make is that I think that going forward some objective algorithm- that very well may, and most likely will, incorporate several subjective inputs- should be put in place so that whether or not player A plays in Novice, Advanced, or is forced up to Open is determined by the algorithm and not to the whims of individual tournament directors.

Unless things have changed since I was a US Chess Federation member, every player entering a USCF tournament would know exactly which division they are eligible for based on their rating.

Backgammon is clearly a bit fuzzier due to the luck factor, but I still think something more concrete than director discretion is possible.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.