[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Something new has been added to Ohio ABT

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 9 February 2017, at 6:08 a.m.

Something new, fun and creative has been added to the Ohio State Backgammon Championships this year. It will still be the "people friendly" tournament it has always been....beautifully run and lots of fun with the number one consideration given to making sure everyone has a good time.

The tournament starts on Friday, March 24th, and runs through Sunday at the Cleveland Marriott Airport Hotel, but I always try to get there on Thursday afternoon as the Thursday night warmup event is excellent and there is plenty of action during the day on Friday.

What's new this year? Thanks to the generous sponsorship of P40 backgammon, a beautiful, custom board will go TO THE WINNER OF THE ADVANCED DIVISION!!!!

You heard right....the open players win plenty of money and recognition when they win, and most already have fine boards...so we're playing a little more attention to the Advanced players, and we want to encourage more players in this division.

Oh, you open players who might fall in love with owning a P40 board...don't worry, I'll have an extra board or two you can compete for in a side event or two (and of course, if you win the tournament you can always buy one with your winnings!)

For more information on the tournament, go to: 2017 ABT OSBC

You can see a picture of the board on my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PhilSimborgBackgammon

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.