[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Re: Re: NIB #103

Posted By: rew
Date: Saturday, 28 October 2006, at 3:19 p.m.

In Response To: Re: NIB #103 - Rollout (Stick)

I have to ask. I understand the attacking argument here. The 9 point doesnt block white so you might as well clear it and bring in the checkers to attack with.

But how valuable is keeping the mid?

It helps you if your roll 65 of course, but if you give a single shot and are missed you are pretty much home free anyway -- i dont see the midpoint being a factor in those sequences. (your argument was "You're up in the race and you want to keep some outfield prescense so you can hop out into only a single shot and hope to scurry your way to safety."

And it doesnt really constrain white much eiter. Only if he rolls a 54 you would get a single shot you wouldnt have gotten if you had made the three.

It does prevent him from putting a checker on his 12 point if he rolls an ace but that seems marginally important.

So to summarize the gain from moving in checkers in preparation looks important. But keeping the mid to avoid "isolation" does not. Do you agree or am I missing something. Thx

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.