[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Double Repeat BG

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Monday, 22 January 2024, at 12:11 a.m.

In Response To: Double Repeat BG (Jason Lee)

I don't fully understand how this works. Suppose Player X and Player Y play a match to 2 points. At some point, Position 1 is reached; X doubles and Y takes. They now are supposed to play two games from Position 1. Let's suppose that in the course of the first of these two games, Position 2 is reached, and Y (re)doubles and X takes, and the game ends in a single win for Y with no further redoubles. So now what? I gather that Y gains a point and the score is now 0-1 in Y's favor. Is the next game played from Position 2 or from Position 1? My instinct is to play from Position 2. Suppose then that Y wins with no further redoubling. Does Y then win the match? What about the pending game from Position 1? Does it just get thrown out because the match is now over? If so, then it matters a lot whether the second game to be played starts from Position 1 or from Position 2.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.