[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

WTH@ESPN?

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Saturday, 26 July 2008, at 4:00 p.m.

(Following Stick's lead....)

I realize no one else here gives a hoot about auto racing but this is a bad sign. I'm watching Brickyard 400 (NASCAR) Qualifying on ESPN2 and listening to the Indy Radio Network simultaneously. (Hey, I'm multitasking by reading&posting here so lighten up.) The two started out in sync but because ESPN sees it more important to gossip with established names, they've slipped the telecast to where it's about 10 minutes behind (relative to the radio broadcast which I believe is real time). So much for 'live' coverage.

Meanwhile, they've started their advertising for the (weekly Tuesday night) 2008 WSOP coverage. Did anyone notice not a single card has been dealt for over ten days???? Last I caught one of their Poker shows they were showing 2007 Main Event. Gee, I was at the edge of my seat with suspense.

If ESPN just had decent competition (uh, FoxSports Network doesn't cut it), they'd be following MS down the dinosaur path.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.