[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Similar Position - RO

Posted By: happyjuggler0
Date: Sunday, 17 May 2009, at 2:31 a.m.

In Response To: Similar Position - RO (David Rockwell)

Thanks for this position, you are my hero.

Also thanks to Stick and others who pointed out that they thought that POH was an egregious error, despite the seemingly low equity loss, and despite gnu getting it wrong at 2ply analysis. (By the way, I am of the mind that anything anywhere close at DMP needs to be rolled out if you want to be sure...most training was done with gammons being a factor).

I went back just now and looked at the original position, and realized that after clearing the 5pt, that white now has 4 checkers on the 4pt, and 4 checkers on the 3pt. It is hard to imagine how blue's board would not be in shreds before white managed to blot with that 4 and 4 checker positioning. Additionally, blue would of course usually had an a lot of other checkers taken off before blotting. The only exceptions I can see are white rolling 63 53 or 43, followed up again by 63 53 or 43. That is a small enough number that I would now use the maxim "a point cleared is not to be feared".

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.