[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A couple of things

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 6 January 2011, at 1:41 p.m.

• I'm back now. Has the issue of seeing diagrams for those select few who mentioned they couldn't see them righted itself? If not, please explain the problem again with any details that may help or link me directly to where this has already been discussed.

• A lot of you didn't know your password and required a new one due to the recent hiccup in the forum code. I ended up sending out 10 or so new passwords (no big deal). Still, you had a few days where you couldn't post anything because I was out of town and couldn't get to a real computer to access what I needed to fix shit. I'd recommend everyone now going to the Edit Profile Tab at the top of the forums main page and changing your password to something you will remember to avoid this potential problem or something worse in the future. Also note your username.

• There's more activity than ever at BGO which is awesome. I'd like to remind you that if you post a problem and can't roll it out or don't plan on posting a rollout for whatever reason that you include that information in the original posting so that someone else can do it for you.

Now to recap a post or two I couldn't properly reply to because I was only using my Iphone. First there's dc-ohio's post about a poker hand. While higonefive didn't have the right idea with a 'stop n' go' approach allowing the blinds to limp in and having no idea where you're at or what you're doing postflop, he did do one thing right which is consider a possible route to play the hand out and try to imagine how it could play out.

What nobody did, including dc-ohio I believe, is consider what could happen before making the raise. I think dc looked down at his nines, it was folded to him, made a standard raise, done. In these situations you should almost have an instant call/fold prepared depending on what happens. You should have a good idea what you're going to do if one of the two players move in on you before you make this raise. What should have been considered is whether you really just want the blinds or if you want to leave the option of coming over the top to these two players. Preflop an all in should have been considered stealing the blinds flat out instead of the 'standard raise' play. I'm not saying it's right, I don't have enough information to make that decision, but like backgammon, can't make the right play if you don't consider it.

I posted the rollout to the dmp problem I posted last week.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.