[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Is TG/T possible at an even match score?

Posted By: Sean Garber
Date: Wednesday, 3 May 2017, at 2:46 a.m.

In Response To: Is TG/T possible at an even match score? (Timothy Chow)

"In a recent post, Sean Garber said: If XG says this is Too Good/Take at 0-0 to 11, there must be a real, live position that fits the criteria somewhere and really is Too Good/Take at this score."

I did not mean that the XG 4-ply result proved anything in the same sense as a mathematics paper would prove something. I am 99.5%+ sure that what I said was correct. There is a big problem with proving either way that there is a too good/take possibility at 11-away, 11-away holding a 4 cube. The solution would look something like the position that I posted. XG rollouts can't be trusted in that type of position. We seem to need XG rollouts to prove (or kind of prove) this sort of thing in backgammon these days.

I did post a 4-away, 4-away too good/take position in the same thread.

I am somewhat pleased that someone else cares at least a little about this. Before looking at John's post by my memory, I have never seen a Too good/Take position at a tied match score published or in any of my matches. I don't remember anyone writing about that subject. I think that TG/T at a tied score is a paradox.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.