[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Is TG/T possible at an even match score?

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Wednesday, 3 May 2017, at 9:54 p.m.

In Response To: Is TG/T possible at an even match score? (Timothy Chow)

Thanks to Sean and Nack for posting positive examples to the question in the subject line. Now I can stop trying to prove the opposite!

I've been studying Zare's argument more closely and I think that there is a serious bug in the part of the argument that tries to take into account the possibility that checker play can depend on cube location. I'll see if I can run my objection by Zare to see if he concurs.

If I'm right, then I think it means that the question of whether TG/T is possible for money is still open. If it is indeed possible, though, I think that it will be difficult to construct an example, because I'm confident that Zare's argument is correct under the assumption that perfect checker play doesn't depend on cube location. Although that assumption is not strictly true, it is pretty close to being true in practice.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.