[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Largest −x−x score

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Saturday, 6 May 2017, at 4:10 a.m.

In Response To: Largest −x−x score (Sean Garber)

I deem a 3-ply rollout as "adequate" for now. (XGR++ evaluation won't be good enough for the type of position I think you'll need, though evals will of course help in choosing what to roll out.)

If you find a position at the score you choose where both (rolled out) equities are higher than 1, or both are lower than 1, but in either case close to 1, and no-redouble is (more than barely) higher than if-take (e.g., NR 1.027, T 1.006; or NR 0.998, T 0.981), I would consider that a helpful answer as well, because in the event that your "x" is higher than mine, I will then roll out your position on 4-ply and if necessary try to tweak it to find one that works.

At a high "x," it is not easy to find a NR > T relationship such as in the two examples cited above. If you do, you're on the right track. Then, to get NR and T to straddle 1, it should just be a matter of (you or me) testing minor alterations in the position.

Speculations about the lowest or highest "x" might be (without providing a position) are welcome as well.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.