[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

NY Ruling Dispute

Posted By: Bill Davis
Date: Saturday, 9 January 2010, at 9:10 p.m.

In Response To: NY Ruling Dispute (Stick)

Based on the information given, I use 4.5 to make the ruling:

4.5 LIFTING DICE. A player concludes his turn by lifting either or both of his dice. He may reposition the dice on the playing surface to facilitate moving the checkers, but in the event of a dispute HE WILL BE AT A DISADVANTAGE if he fails to give notice to the opponent before doing so.

The director must use common sense. If a person has moved his pieces, then touches or slides his dice, I rule that his dice are up unless he has given prior adjustment warning. If a person moves his pieces prior to making any checker movement (eg pull them closer to facilitate reading), there is no penalty.

Is there ever a case where I would penalize a player for dragging his dice before any checker had been moved. Yes. If the opponent complained that the player was constantly dragging his dice -- perhaps a nervous habit -- I would warn both parties to request permission prior to any dice adjustment. It's never happened during any of my events, but anything is possible.

As for the other case, I would need more information to make a ruling.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.