[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ruling...?

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Friday, 6 January 2012, at 6:56 p.m.

In Response To: Ruling...? (Stick)

I never said it was illegal. I didn't even think I hinted at it...

The other two things you mentioned in the same sentence that made you cringe are either illegal (using two hands) or at least unsportsmanlike (hovering over the dice before opp has punched the clock). That's why I assumed you were implicating moving one checker and then thinking about the other as something unseemly.

I now surmise that you had your teacher's hat on -- cringing about a bad habit many players (likely including me) perpetuate.

A few years ago an opponent actually objected to my moving one checker and thinking about the remainder of the move. I was underconfident then and actually bowed to his request (or demand -- the guy was an a-hole) to stop doing it. That memory struck a chord when I saw your post.

But if someone does feel it is improper from a sportsmanship/etc. viewpoint I'd like to hear/read it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.