[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Daily Quiz 1/3

Posted By: Martaille Jean-Francois
Date: Saturday, 7 January 2012, at 11:19 a.m.

In Response To: Daily Quiz 1/3 (Daily Quiz)

1/ Gammons have no value for me. I am ahead in the race and I have a good structure. My game plan is to bring everybody home and win the race. I make the 11 point.

2/-5 -5 / cube 2. Gammon value is around 0.7. Again, What's my game plan ? blitz or break contact and race ? - if I blitz with either 1/2 or 1/3, The most common variation is : he enters with a little more the half of his rolls, and then I have to bring it home but I have lost some landing spots in the process. I don't expect that the gammon percentage is so high with the anchor on our 5. - the quiet approach now: I will hit him on my ace point since I will be able to do it safely with 6/1(2)*. Then I can use my landing spots to puts some builders there. I will tempted to play 12/7 13/8. That leaves us with a compact position, a nice racing lead, and the next time we will just leave an indirect shot. Thinking of that, why not 13/8(2) ? We can now bring or two remaining checkers with any combinaisons of 456 + 33 and 43 32 and some 1 if he enters on the 5 and we can play behind him are not bad also...That's a lot more than combinaisons of 5 and 6 + doubles. OK let's go for 6/1(2)* 13/8(2)

3/ The position is difficult for us anyway. I just follow some guidelines on this one. I want to keep my board (robustness principle of Robertie) and I need to unstack my mid point (efficiency) 13/8 would be my play and I cross my fingers..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.