[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

SURVEY - Q2: Subscription Fees

Posted By: Mr Majestyk
Date: Tuesday, 5 June 2012, at 12:30 p.m.

As a non-US premium member of the USBGF, I get a real sense of belongingness whenever I pay a visit to their website. Only this morning I paid a visit but for a very different reason than the usual keeping abreast as to what's going on in the backgammon community. I wanted to learn more of the organisation's infrastructure; its business ethos, ethics, mission and generally, the people/players involved and what their roles are in the organisation. Personally, I have found there to be a sense of openness, fairness, honesty and integrity that filters through the organisational culture; an endorsement for players worldwide to keep paying their annual subscription that ensures the USBGF remains a non-profit organisation. I know I will!

I've stated here, on more than one occasion that with regards to TD's:

"Dont ask what the players can do for you but ask what you can do for the players".

Maybe I'm right and maybe I'm wrong. Or is it as Chiva said "its not a one-way street" I'm going to put this to the test right here, right now!

To all,

How's your committment to backgammon these days? I'm not asking about your bowling arm, your checker play or your PR but about your committment for change. Personally, I believe real change comes at a premium. We all would like to see well attended tournamants in great locations with lots of format variety, positive equity etc but should TD's foot the entire bill? For TD's, backgammon is their business and like any business there are overheads. Where would we be without TD's? IMO, up shit creek is where we'll be!

SURVEY - Q2: On a scale of 1 - 10 please state your preferences on the following items you would be willing to pay a subscription for.

1 = No to subscription - 10 = Yes to subscription

Market/Advertising - Computerised Formats - Backgammon Prizes - Gala Dinners - Lower Entry Fees - Higher Entry Fees - Lectures - Lower Hotel Fees - Ranking System - Trophies - Match recording Equipment - Lower Registration Fees

Thank you for taking part,

NBM

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.