[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

match transcription releases

Posted By: Bill Patterson
Date: Saturday, 2 March 2013, at 2:29 p.m.

I do not want to create a controversey about this subject,however, I do need opinions and suggestions. I have been told that no match logs from transcriptions cannot be released without both players permissions. When I posted about my new service,some players said that they saw no need to get permissions as they are all streamed and can be transcribed by anyone.I have been told by a person that I am too careful about this. But I do not want to get into any trouble if there is a particular ruling about this within the backgammon hierarchy. Some people say there should be no problem releasing them and then on the other side,I have been told to get releases from both players in a match. There are several matches in the USBGF archive that have videos, but no match logs. Some from San Antonio and some from the Beltway.There was a question why I did not transcribe from some of the archive without logs.I Could do them all, but it would take a considerable amount of time, and without consent, my time would be wasted although I can keep them for myself. I will not attempt to send them out to individuals and then getting myself into trouble would not be good for me. I am posting this for comments from players and the entire backgammon hierarchy(rulings from USBGF and people involved with issues similar to this) Thank you.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.