[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ladbrokes Email

Posted By: Niki Saev
Date: Friday, 7 June 2013, at 8:56 a.m.

In Response To: Ladbrokes Email (Gabriel Davis)

I also got those SPAM emails. It looks like really the forum has been mined for emails, added to an email list and started getting bombarded with emails.

I must note that this is illegal. You can not get newsletters or regular updates without going through subscription steps.

Other than that the site that was sending the messages was terrible. One pager, full of banners and some old videos. Not offering anything unique to visitors.

This is a bad way to popularize online backgammon. Why get the emails of already existing players (mostly very good players) and spam them to death, wanting them to register for sites? You are going to achieve nothing. Online backgammon needs a fresh flow of weaker/recreational players so the games can keep going.

This is at least what I am trying to do with my site. I have been running a promotion recently trying offering additional bonus coupons for new players. It's not going so well but I must keep on trying as I really want online backgammon to be successful one day.

In case anybody is interested in that promo they can have a look here: http://onlinebackgammon.org.uk/news/promotion-get-20-free-voucher-at-stargames-backgammon/

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.