[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New tournament format

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Saturday, 8 June 2013, at 6:24 p.m.

In Response To: New tournament format (Mochy)

I'm sorry to say that I see a lot more to criticize than there is to like. There are some deal breakers in here for me:

• If you use round robin play, you will have matches that are meaningless, or worse, matches that are meaningful for one party and not the other. Round robin is a great format for a novice/beginner division, never for an open.
  • Using the final score of the match to decide ANYTHING. I don't care if this is beginners or world champions playing, this is a terrible idea.
  • Asking if we really need clocks is not a deal breaker to me. I play side events at tournaments without the use of a clock, it's not horrible to me. But when I see this: "... at each players own pace," I cringe. No thanks.

I'm all in favor of imagining creative ways of running tournaments, but this system looks a bit too Jakob Garal for my taste.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.