[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A chess tournament -- entry fees and prizes

Posted By: David Rennie
Date: Sunday, 23 June 2013, at 3:32 p.m.

In Response To: A chess tournament -- entry fees and prizes (Phil Simborg)

I'm with Phil on this one. As someone who is about to move up to the Open division it is somewhat discouraging to know that I have very little chance of cashing for a long time. If ever. At this point I accept that. I will pay whatever minimum is set to play and avoid all side pools, but why not make those two categories more even in size? My dead money would still go to the winners and the people who think they have a real shot at cashing can risk more money since they will make more money? Wouldn't that be a plus for everyone? Jamokes like me can play without losing their shirts and the really good players still get rewarded when some fish rises to the top but didn't enter the side pool.

Also there should be massage tables and sexy girls with bikinis holding up numbered signs designating what rounds are being played. But that's probably another discussion.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.