[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

10th Carolina Invitational: Option Base Pool and Equity Pool explanation needed

Posted By: Bob Koca
Date: Tuesday, 25 June 2013, at 3:59 p.m.

In Response To: 10th Carolina Invitational: Option Base Pool and Equity Pool explanation needed (TarHeelFan)

I like the looks of the format. Very reasonable that the playing fee is the same for the different divisions instead of being greater for the highest division as it is in most tournaments. I have a few questions regarding payouts:

1) I want to check that the highest pool level is in addition to the lower levels and not the total.

2) "Both pools pay out based on the ABT point formula for More Swiss"

Your tournament uses southern Swiss. I want to check that the above was not a mistype and that the ABT point rules are identical. What is the difference between southern and more?

3) "The payouts will simply skip those players."

I'm not sure what that means. You talk about for example the 7th and 8th place payouts but since it may matter exactly how the records end up those are not defined in advance. Does it mean what the 7th and 8th place players would have received if all the ABT point winners had been in the pool? There is extra money floating around then.

Suppose we have the scenario of A: 1rst place and in pool B: 2nd place and in pool C: 3rd place/4th place tie and in pool D: 3rd place 4th place tie and not in pool E-H: 5th to 8th place tie and only E in side pool.

What happens? It sounds to me like you skip over D and move player E up to 4th place meaning E gets the same amount as C even with a worse record. Have I understood correctly? And then after doing that I still don't understand how the money is split up.

Did you consider just giving the percentages based on ABT points and then renormalizing? For example suppose that the pool players won 8, 4, and 1 ABT point (several non pool players won points also but they are irrelevant). The payouts are 8/13, 4/13, and 1/13 of the pool to those players.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.