[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

leading 3a-4a: how do I adjust my takepoint for gammons won by me?

Posted By: Rick Janowski
Date: Tuesday, 9 July 2013, at 10:13 p.m.

In Response To: leading 3a-4a: how do I adjust my takepoint for gammons won by me? (John O'Hagan)

If we assume initially that the match trailer wins no gammons. When the match leader’s gammon rate = 0%, TP dead = 24.0% and TP live = 19.5%. Typically for gammonless games the take point will be about 22% about 1% less than money game take points. When the match leader’s gammon rate is greater than zero, the dead cube take point reduces but the live cube take point stays constant such that when the gammon rate is about 50% both the live and dead cube take points (and therefore any normal take point) is about 19.5%. Above this gammon rate for the match leader, the dead cube take point is lower than the theoretical live cube take-point, which means the taker should never redouble. So where the match trailer has zero gammons, the normal take point can vary between about 22% and 19.5% at high gammon rates, a maximum swing of about 2.5%. In essence the take point is reduced by about 1% where the taker’s gammon proportion is 20% and this increases pro-rata up to a maximum value of about 2.5%.

If we assume now the other extreme case where the match trailer wins 100% gammons. When the match leader’s gammon rate = 0%, TP dead = 61.5 and TP live = 50%, with a typical value of about 55%. As before, when the match leader’s gammon rate is greater than zero, the dead cube take point reduces but the live cube take point stays constant such that when the gammon rate is about 100% both the live and dead cube take points (and therefore any normal take point) is about 50%. So where the match trailer has 100% gammons, the normal take point can vary between about 55% and 50% at the highest gammon rates, a maximum swing of about 5%. In essence, the take point is reduced by about 1% where the taker’s gammon proportion is 20% and this increases pro-rata up to a maximum value of about 5%.

Summarising, it seems that regardless of the gammon rate of the match trailer (i.e., the doubler) the take point may be reduced by about 1% where the taker’s gammon proportion is 20% increasing pro-rata to a maximum value ranging between 2.5% and 5% dependent on the doubler’s gammon rate (2.5% and 5% where doubler’s gammon rate is 0% and 100% respectively, with intermediate values calculable by interpolation).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.