[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What would you do in this situation? Match from Montecarlo

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2013, at 1:15 a.m.

In Response To: What would you do in this situation? Match from Montecarlo (Fernando Neumark)

I would not have been okay with taking 1 point instead of 2 if I was as sure as you seem to be. If I presented to the TD or committee the fact that I announced the score after every game, that my opponent agreed with the score after every game until game X, that my opponent changed his story from him not remember the cube to not remembering losing a gammon after you show him evidence of the cube, and I'm sure I would have also been able to recreate the end of that game (roughly at worst) to show how he had lost a gammon, there's no way in hell I would have been fine with being docked a point or having anyone rule against me.

There has been other fine suggestions so that this won't happen in the future such as using a big scorecard. Also, if you recorded your matches you would always have video evidence to refer to that any rational TD would suggest you check if such a situation arose. Finally, while I know it states in most rules *get confirmation from your opponent* or something of that sort, I make sure to write down the score and look at my opponent's scorecard after he writes it down and make sure they match. I don't care so much about the verbal acknowledgement. Your opponent may have it right in his head but accidentally wrote it down wrong. (not realizing the cube had been turned for eg!)

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.