[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

computer help needed

Posted By: DanielP
Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2013, at 11:29 a.m.

i am having trouble getting into the doubling cube room at SHG. i can play in the rated and the gammonzone rooms with no problem but when i click on the link to the Dc room i get a pop up message (which happens with all the rooms)saying it is connecting to the server but it gets stuck there and doesnt connect. i cant say exactly when this first started happening since i dont go into that room every day, but i've tried setting my computer to a restore point as well and deleting and re-installing SHG but no help. ive written to SHG and this was their response:

Please shut down your firewall and try to enter the DC lobby. If you get in that tells you that you need to go into your firewall and put that port in so that it will accept it. The port number for Doubling Cube is 2004

so here is my problem, im not that much of a computer guy that i'm comfortable screwing around with my settings as i'm afraid i'll mess my computer up. can someone walk me through what i need to do step by step in plain english? thanks in advance for your help.

I'm using Windows 7.

daniel

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.