[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

FL thoughts as the tournament is (mostly) over

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Monday, 21 October 2013, at 4:38 p.m.

In Response To: FL thoughts as the tournament is (mostly) over (Rod)

Rod: It was his first time running a live tournament. (...) I say we reset the count and put the strikes back at zero until next year.

Yeah, alright, that's fair. I think it's reasonable to give a new tournament director one freebie to try to get things right.

Word of caution to people who run a tournament for the first time: you need to learn from your mistakes and LISTEN to the feedback from your customers. The tournaments that are great are great because the directors learn from mistakes and constantly improve things. Tournaments aren't great organically. It takes real thought and real work.

UBK: It was not clock preference so automatic 3 strikes for you before the event even started.

True, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the success of such a tournament. Every tournament that gets run is a good thing, whether clocked or not. It just means I won't go, but my tournament attendance has been a little thin lately anyway. I wasn't going to go to that event regardless of the clock status.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.