[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Help me find the right play: RO and more questions

Posted By: Keene
Date: Wednesday, 6 November 2013, at 6:32 p.m.

In Response To: Help me find the right play: RO and more questions (Jeremy Bagai)

I think that this is about parlays - not returns.

My thought is that I dont want to stop on the 18, because it sets up all the return shots to place the white checkers in more effective positions. Moving the the 14 creates more awkward 6s and 5s for white to play after the hit, and generally creates a more flexible position. Why wouldnt you want a pleasant split in the outer board - white is most likely to only hit one check in return, and post hit, the following parlays will all allow you more return hits, or more ways to securely anchor high in the outer board.

My vision for the position is to have white with 3 or more checkers back, and a stripped position in the outfield - a perfect cube opportunity, and a great position for blue to be in.

There are many positions where I feel considerably less comfortable, but when the future looks so positive here, I wouldnt have a problem making the continuation play OTB.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.