[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

This is an OT crap post

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Friday, 22 November 2013, at 12:21 p.m.

In Response To: This is an OT crap post (Stick)

More Crap!

I have developed a respect for your taste in music. You were the first to draw my attention to last year’s hottest summer hit. That song featured great music, incredible driving beats, and fun, silly lyrics. I still like it.

To my ear, these picks are not at the same level.

• Popular - I enjoyed the over-the-top satire in the story. Unfortunately, the band sucks. They don’t know how to play.
  • I Got a Girl - Light-weight pop, lyrics less clever than Popular, band plays only slightly better.
  • In the Meantime - Links to I Got a Girl
  • Plowed - Links to I Got a Girl
  • SP - Links to I Got a Girl

Here are a couple of my recent discoveries.

I'll Take Care of You
Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa
Slow blues that heats up and burns! Ends with a blistering guitar solo.

Tarkus Suite
René Bosc
If you can handle the frenetic time signatures used in Keith Emerson’s Tarkus, you will love this symphonic version. Check out the evil grin on keyboardist Kate Emerson (no relation) when the camera cuts to her mid-video between 4:00 and 4:10.

[Title Unknown]
Dogma
This Armenian band fuses metal with Armenian folk. I came upon them through the work of lead singer Zara in collaboration with Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. Dogma rocks hard! After the web page opens, scroll down and click play to start the video.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.