[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another Backgammon Position

Posted By: John O'Hagan
Date: Friday, 20 December 2013, at 4:43 a.m.

In Response To: Another Backgammon Position (Stick)

Trailer needs 18.5% to take. Looks like a good recube per the Woolsey rule since it looks like a close t/p decision and it's a tough position in which to estimate winning chances.

I do think it's a take though. I'd make White about an 80/20 fav if he rolls boxes next time; about 1/3 wins if he rolls any other 6; and about 10% to win the race without hitting if he dances. That's about 6.6 wins in 36 which is a shade below 18.5%. Then there's the shot vig: 21-61 occurs 0.3% plus you will have hitting chances on your 25 dancing numbers. Blue's next roll might result in leaving three checkers on the 5-point and two on the four which will leave several blotting numbers next time.

A reference position that sort of applies here is when Stick's side has four checkers off, one closed out, and the other ten flush down to the ace vs. a CB with perfect distribution. There he wins 16%. Neither side meets this description in the actual position but I think the differences favor White by enough to take the recube.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.