[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

studying Book and PR

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Friday, 10 January 2014, at 12:44 p.m.

In Response To: studying Book and PR (onur alan)

Basically I think that the question you ask doesn't have a simple answer. The quick answer is: "It depends".

You certainly should not look at absolute figures for PR improvements like this.

If you're a 15 PR player, improving 1 doesn't take too long, on the other hand, if you're seeking to go from 5 to 4 the challenge is something else, not to mention 3 to 2!

I'd think that looking at relative figures would be more comparable, eg, reducing your PR by 25% could take you a certain amount of studying and play.

Finally I think it's very individual how people prefer to improve their game. For some, reading is good, for others it doesn't work. Some do better with playing a ton, while others do better diving more into the details of fewer games.

This also depends on where you're at, and what part of your game you're seeking to improve. A combination is probably best for the vast majority of players (getting some theory, some reference positions, playing the bot and recording/analyzing ones real games). For players playing above 15 PR, getting the high level concepts right is crucial. Around 10 PR, you must start to get some basic reference positions in place. Going from 7 PR and downwards, is where I think the bot really kicks in as a necessity, in order for you to get an understanding of your error patterns - to learn where you err.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.