[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

suggests for new XG

Posted By: eXtreme Gammon
Date: Friday, 17 January 2014, at 1:57 p.m.

In Response To: suggests for new XG (onur alan)

onur alan: "There are zillion of positions rolled out and discussed here. Why dont you collect and load them to the XG like Opening Book? '

1. I can see the value in adding a format for position library. However using them for analyze is not something I will consider. The odds to get the same position at the same score is so ridiculously low that the overhead to have to look in the position library will just slow down analyze for about 1/10E6 chance to get a hit!

Even for 3rd roll position: the odd to get the same sequence is only 15*21*21=6615 so there is 0.015% chances to get that position again (and that's assuming it is played the same both time!)

2. Adding a mode to play a position as proposition is on the top of my list. there is a great value for that, either playing it yourself or let the bot play it N times. also it allows to derive the value of the position from VR data (basically, you are doing a RO). It is not well defined what options will be present, but surely, rotating the dice every 36 (or 21) game will be one. I may also change the dice rolling procedure for these so it matches the RO one (playing Dice are generated using Mersenne twister, while RO dice are using Delphi internal RNG as it was easier to make a thread safe implementation)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.